Rockabilly Radio was founded By Don Freeman in 2001 to give an internet voice to Independant Rockabilly Artists. We continue that aspiration with our Co Owners Dave Brighton and Tom Ingram .
We pay Royalties Directly to SESAC . BMI & SOCAN. Our stream provider is Fast-Serv.
If you would like to volunteer around a particular area of activity in achieving the ambitions of the station some skills that would be apreciated include CSS, PHP & HTML Scripting, MySQL Knowledge plus other more easier tasks.
To find out more, contact the station by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a recording label, distribution company, sales or marketing management and wish to sponsor the station you can contact us for arrangements that are favorable to your needs.
Our current Sponsors amongst others include:
As a Station of diverse DJ’s and administration we are fully committed to delivering this strategy on behalf of the listeners. We can, however, only achieve the aspirations in this strategy if we have widespread support and the active involvement of interested people.
Vision Statement for Rockabilly Radio
We are ambitious for 50’s n Rockin’ Music, for Rockabilly Radio & All our Listeners. Our vision is:
To play tracks by independent Rockabilly Artists and Bands
To include the Genres of Jump-Blues, Western Swing, Rockin’ Doo Wop, Hillbilly, RnR, Bop Jive & Stroll.
To be a Station where our DJ’s can achieve their full potential.
The following principles will guide all our work:
Listeners will be catered for with appropriate music played. DJ’s will get the opportunity to have their skills demonstrated
Rockabilly Radio appreciates that everyone matters. We will focus on the needs of our specific listeners, and our services will be responsive to their particular needs. We will also give people various genres within the main framework of Rockabilly & Rock n Roll and in the way they access the sound.
We are committed to providing something different and will invest whatever funds received based on the need, no matter where an individual lives. We will treat all individuals fairly and ensure every DJ has equal opportunity to fulfill their potential regardless of their individual circumstances. All our listeners will get a fair deal, with everyone having access to our services and enjoying a good quality of audio no matter where they live.
We will inform about what we are doing and why we are doing it. Decisions will be taken to make improvements or amendments to the Station’sfunctions.
We aim to deliver outstanding services by making sure our costs match the very best and that waste and bureaucracy are reduced. This will allow us to spend more on improving the services that are priorities for Rockabilly Radio and to ensure our costs are as low as possible.
These principles will run through everything we do.
The Corporate Plan is structured around five themes. The first four themes align broadly with Rockabilly Radio’s Strategy:
- Leading the station’s Transformation
- Vibrant, Safe and Strong internet Communities
- Protecting and Enhancing our interests
- Supporting People to enjoy what we play
- The fifth theme describes how we will make Our Station a more customer-focused and efficient organisation:
Putting the Customer First and Achieving Better Value for Money
Within each of these themes, we have a number of key priorities, which are described in more detail in the plan.
We know that we are building on success. Rockabilly Radio is now a station with global recognition. It is at the cutting edge of the genres we play which continues to grow in listeners with a thriving hub of music
We are not however complacent; we know that the benefits of our success can be better shared and that, as a result, the experience for listeners can be very different.
There are challenges ahead, but there are also significant opportunities. This strategy seeks to focus on those opportunities, as they represent the future for people living, learning, working and investing in this station.
Rockabilly Radio is a station of global significance, distinctive, successful, inclusive, vibrant and sustainable.
A great station, where people from across the world want to listen, learn, invest and visit.
Our Five Key Ambitions
We recognize that we need to work hard to achieve this vision and to do so, we have agreed to focus on delivering five key ambitions for Rockabilly Radio:
- Distinctive; celebrating and communicating with people across the world the distinctive and authentic character of Rockabilly Radio what the station has to offer and the sense of pride our DJ’s and associates have in the Station and its direction.
- Successful; building a strong, internationally successful enterprise, working with our partners within our played Genres to ensure that other businesses are attracted from companies across the world.
- Inclusive; a station which ensures that everyone has a chance to succeed and fulfill their potential, and where people feel welcomed, valued and can fully participate in the station’s activities and promotions.
- Vibrant; celebrating the diversity, creativity, energy and innovation in Rockabilly Radio and ensuring that the Station continues to be an international destination of choice, offering the highest quality of music we play.
- Sustainable; a station where everyone plays their part to ensure that future generations can enjoy the music and that Rockabilly Radio plays a role on the international stage of Rock n Roll.